Vision, Mission & Values
Sandy Springs UMC Preschool & Kindergarten is an outreach and educational ministry of the church. It is our belief that children and families benefit immensely from participation in early education and it is our honor and privilege to share in this early childhood experience. Since 1963, Sandy Springs United Methodist Church has provided outstanding Christian preschool and pre-kindergarten education. In 2012, the preschool expanded to offer Kindergarten. We have achieved a recognized level of excellence as demonstrated by our accreditation in 2008 by SACS (the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), now known as AdvancedED, and certification as a Program of Excellence since 1997 by the United Methodist’s North Georgia Conference Preschool Association. We welcome families, children and staff from all faiths, races and nationalities to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities that we offer.
Our Vision for the children of our community, as they grow with us and beyond us, is to form a lifelong positive relationship with God; to respect, accept and embrace all others in a manner consistent with the teaching of Christ; to have a deep-rooted love of learning; and to experience continuing academic success.
Our Mission is
- to provide a loving, stimulating and safe environment for children;
- to provide a Christian program of academic excellence;
- to accept each child for who he/she is;
- to positively motivate each child to move along a continuum of skills acquisition;
- to prepare him/her in equal measure spiritually, socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically for elementary school, church and life among others in a constantly changing world.
- We believe play is the language of children and the foundation of quality preschools.
- We believe in fostering independent thinking and problem solving skills in our children, in ourselves and in partnership with parents.
- We will foster healthy peer relationships among the children in the classroom, between the staff and parents, and among the staff of the preschool.
- We believe each child, parent, teacher and staff member is to be accepted as a person of worth and value.
- We will treat one another with dignity, compassion, grace, integrity, honesty and humanity.
- We will celebrate our similarities and embrace our differences.
- We will favor decisions based on God’s guidance that create long term improvements for parents and children over short term expediency for the preschool or the individual and organization we serve.
- We will focus on our strengths and build upon them.